Wood Pellets VS Cordwood, Electric or Natural Gas Heat
Why wood pellets over other heating options?
- More Heat, Lower Costs – Wood pellets produce more heat at a lower cost than almost any other source, with a very low level of unwanted emissions. Pellet fuel in stoves, furnaces or boilers provides the same heat as natural gas or electric, and more offer consistent heat than firewood.
- Low Maintenance: A 40-pound bag of Forest Energy Premium Grade Pellets produces less than <0.5 ash content. Lower ash means less cleaning for you.
- Better Value: Pellets are more efficient than cordwood due to their lower moisture content and complete combustion. One ton of wood pellets contain the heat value of about one and a half cords of wood and stacks easily in one-third the space.
- Better Planning: Pellet fuel cost is not dictated by world events; therefore, cost is more affordable and predictable. As oil costs continue to climb, consumers are faced with unpredictable heating expenses. Renewable, biomass thermal energy is more price stable.
- Simple To Use: Because pellets are so efficient and burn so cleanly, there is almost no smoke or creosote produced. Exhaust is barely even hot so the stove doesn’t need a masonry chimney. Unlike wood stoves, pellet stoves work well in urban environments and they can be installed in almost any room. Pellet stoves can even be used on no-burn days.
And of course, wood pellets are good for the environment:
- Clean Burning: Pellet fuel provides the cleanest burn of any solid fuel. Because they pollute so little, pellet stoves do not require EPA certification. Clean burning, renewable energy means less carbon and reduced fossil fuel consumption.
- Ecosystems: Forest Energy wood pellets are primarily made from residues of forest restoration projects. These thinning projects are part of a comprehensive forest management plan to create healthy, resilient and safe forests, resulting in improved watersheds and wildlife habitats.